In an effort to keep the public informed about major construction going on around the city, this “Projects at a Glance” list will continue to be updated. This list highlights some of the major work happening in Beaverton but does not include all construction. The items in this list, often referred to as Capital Improvement Program Projects, are primarily largescale construction, including road improvement and enhancements, expanded water and wastewater utility work, major improvements within city parks, and construction of city buildings.
Aquifer Storage and Recovery Well No. 5 (ASR5)
- Building exterior and painting complete.
- Interior electrical and painting complete.
- Site exterior (sidewalks, paving, landscaping) complete in September.
- Facility start-up and commissioning, complete in September.
- Project completion anticipated in October.
Laurelwood Avenue Sidewalk Project
- Current Status: Final design and right of way acquisition underway
- Construction anticipated summer 2023
To learn more about the project, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Laurelwood.
Erickson Trunk Sewer and Water System – Phase 2
- All sewer and waterline installation has been completed.
- Final paving and slurry seal has been completed.
- Curb installation along Central Park Condos light poles installed.
- Final striping and punch list items to be completed by end of summer.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Erickson.
Cooper Mountain Reservoir #2 and Associated Improvements Project
- The new 5.5-million-gallon prestressed concrete reservoir was completed, filled, and put into operation in February. With the new reservoir operational, the old reservoir was temporarily taken offline so that improvements could be made to the tank, including installation of a mixing system inside the tank, and completing seismic upgrades to its inlet and outlet piping. Both reservoirs are now complete and online and the new reservoir has been coated and backfilled.
- The control valve vault and operations building structures are complete and operational.
- Well drilling and development of the Aquifer Storage and Recovery Well No. 7 well is complete. Start-up testing of the well was completed in August. The ASR Mechanical Building is complete and operational.
- The booster pump station building is complete. The building is not yet equipped with pumps. Pumps will be installed pending development of the surrounding service area.
- Construction of the metal storage building was completed in April.
- Final grading, landscaping, security, and fencing and gate installation are ongoing and will be completed in the coming months.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Water.
Western Avenue Street Improvements / City of Beaverton 16-Inch Waterline/ Willamette Water Supply System Commission 48-Inch Transmission Waterline
- Current Status: In construction with anticipated completion in Spring
- As of press time, it was anticipated that the following work elements would be completed by Thursday, Sep. 1:
- Construction of the 48-inch Willamette Water Supply Commission (WWSS) waterline from SW Allen Boulevard to just south of SW Beaverton Hillsdale Highway.
- Regrading and reconstructing the roadside ditch south of SW Arctic Drive.
- Franchise utilities transferring overhead lines into underground conduits along with the removal of utility poles.
- The 48-inch waterline that will be installed within the Western Avenue project limits is owned by the WWSS. This pipeline is referred to as the Metzger Pipeline East project (MPE 1.1). For more information regarding the WWSS MPE 1.1 project, please visit OurReliableWater.org/mpe.
To learn more about the Western Avenue Street Improvements, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/WesternAve.
SW Allen Boulevard/92nd Avenue Shared Use Path
- Current status: construction underway.
Sign up for project updates/traffic notices at: www.BeavertonOregon.gov/SharedUsePath.