The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), also known as the Summer Meal Program, was established to ensure that children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. When school is out, SFSP provides free meals to kids and teens
in areas of need throughout the community. This summer, the United States Department of Agriculture plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites.
All children, ages 1 through 18 years, are eligible for breakfast and lunch. There is no application or registration required. Lunch will be at the following locations:
- Aloha High School, 18550 SW Kinnaman Rd.
- Aloha-Huber Park K-8, 5000 SW 173rd Ave.
- Barnes Elementary School, 13730 SW Walker Rd.
- Beaver Acres Elementary School, 2125 SW 170th Ave.
- Beaverton High School, 13000 SW 2nd St.
- Fir Grove Elementary School, 6300 SW Wilson Ave.
- Five Oaks Middle School, 1600 NW 173rd Ave.
- Greenway Elementary School, 9150 SW Downing Dr.
- Highland Park Middle School, 7000 SW Wilson Ave.
- Raleigh Hills K-8, 5225 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Portland
- Ridgewood Elementary School, 10100 SW Inglewood St., Portland
- Southridge High School, 9625 SW 125th Ave.
- Westview High School, 4200 NW 185th Ave., Portland
- Whitford Middle School, 7935 SW Scholls Ferry Rd.
- William Walker Elementary School, 2350 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
The program will run from 11:00 a.m. to noon, Mondays through Thursdays until Thursday, Jul. 28 or Thursday, Aug. 11 depending on the site. Lunch will also be offered from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through Thursday, Aug. 11, at City Park, SW 5th Street and SW Hall Boulevard, and Cedar Hills Recreation Center, 11640 SW Park Way, Portland. Program not offered on Monday, Jul. 4. Library staff will be visiting Barnes Elementary School, Beaver Acres Elementary School, Beaverton High School, Fir Grove Elementary School, Greenway Elementary School, Southridge High School, Whitford Middle School, and William Walker Elementary School weekly.
For more information, including breakfast schedules and locations, visit www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/nutrition-services/summermeals.