In an effort to keep the public informed about major construction going on around the city, this “Projects at a Glance” list will continue to be updated. This list highlights some of the major work happening in Beaverton but does not include all construction. The items in this list, often referred to as Capital Improvement Program Projects, are primarily large-scale construction, including road improvement and enhancements, expanded water and wastewater utility work, major improvements within city parks, and construction of city buildings.
Aquifer Storage and Recovery Well No. 5 (ASR5)
- Building structure (roof, doors, windows) is complete.
- Interior sheetrock and painting are nearing completion.
- Interior electrical and yard piping continue.
- Project completion anticipated in September.
Allen Boulevard/92nd Avenue Shared Use Path
- Current status: Under construction.
Sign up for project updates/traffic notices at: www.BeavertonOregon.gov/SharedUsePath.
Laurelwood Avenue Sidewalk Project
- Current Status: Final design and right of way acquisition – anticipate completion this summer/fall.
- Construction anticipated this summer.
To learn more about the project, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Laurelwood.
Erickson Trunk Sewer and Water System – Phase 2
- Sewer and water pipe work has been completed.
- Most of the project areas have been restored and repaved.
- Remaining construction and final paving was expected to be complete by end of May/June as of press time.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Erickson.
Cooper Mountain Reservoir #2 and Associated Improvements Project
- The new 5.5-million-gallon prestressed concrete reservoir was completed, filled, and put into operation in February. With the new reservoir operational, the old reservoir was temporarily taken offline so that improvements could be made to the tank, including installation of a mixing system inside the tank and completing seismic upgrades to its inlet and outlet piping. Both reservoirs are now complete and online, and the new reservoir has been coated and backfilled.
- The Control Valve Vault and Operations Building structures are substantially complete with ongoing chemical, electrical, and instrumentation start-up testing.
- Well drilling and development of the ASR Well No. 7 is complete. The well pump and downhole equipment were installed in March. Start-up testing of the well will be conducted before it is put into service. Construction of the Aquifer Storage and Recovery Mechanical Building is substantially complete with ongoing chemical, electrical and instrumentation start-up testing.
- The Booster Pump Station Building is complete. The building is not yet equipped with pumps. Pumps will be installed pending development of the surrounding service area.
- Construction of the metal storage building was completed in April.
- Final grading, landscaping, security, and fencing and gate installation will be completed in the coming months.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Water.
Western Avenue Street Improvements / City of Beaverton 16-Inch Waterline / Willamette Water Supply System Commission 48-Inch Transmission Waterline
- Current Status: In construction with anticipated completion in Spring 2023.
- Franchise utilities transferring overhead lines into underground conduits; majority of utility poles within project limits will be removed by early summer.
- City of Beaverton storm and sanitary system upgrades continuing.
- Construction of the 48-inch Willamette Water Supply Commission (WWSS) waterline underway; will continue through early summer.
- The 48-inch waterline that will be installed within the Western Avenue project limits is owned by the WWSS. This pipeline is referred to as the Metzger Pipeline East project (MPE 1.1). For more information regarding the WWSS MPE 1.1 project, please visit www.OurReliableWater.org/mpe.
- The project also includes a 16-inch City of Beaverton waterline within the Western Avenue project limits . Construction is anticipated to start this summer.
To learn more about the Western Avenue Street Improvements, please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/WesternAve.
To learn more about the various projects, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/CapitalProjects.