In an effort to keep the public informed on major construction going on around the city, this “Projects at a Glance” list will continue to be updated. This list highlights some of the major work happening in Beaverton but does not include all construction. The items in this list, often referred to as Capital Improvement Projects, are primarily large-scale construction, including road improvement and enhancements, expanded water and wastewater utility work, major improvements within city parks, and construction of city buildings.
Aquifer Storage and Recovery Well No. 5 (ASR5)
- Portland General Electric transformer installation is complete.
- Demolition of Sorrento and Aquifer Storage and Recovery No. 1 Pump Station is complete.
- Site grading and foundation preparation for new pump station and aquifer storage flow to waste tank.
- Flow to waste tank installation began in June.
Learn more about this project at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/ASR5
Western Avenue Street Improvements / COB 16-Inch Waterline / WWSS 48-Inch Transmission Waterline
- Current Status: Construction activities started in May 2021.
- Construction of a 48-inch waterline within the Western Avenue project limits is owned by the Willamette Water Supply System Commission (WWSS Commission). This pipeline is referred to as the Metzger Pipeline (MPE 1.1).
Learn more about this project at www.OurReliableWater.org/mpe
Library Fountain Improvement Project
- Block walls for the new pump house are now being constructed.
- The concrete sequencing for the new fountain splash pad has begun.
- The first fountain jet components have been delivered and installed.
Learn more about this project at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/FountainUpdates
Erickson Trunk Sewer and Water System — Phase 2
- Invitation to bid for construction was advertised on Friday, Apr. 23 and bid opening was Thursday, May 20.
- Anticipated start of construction is July and will extend through April 2022.
- Phase 1 construction (Southwest 10th Street to Southwest Allen Boulevard/ Southwest Dale Avenue) has been completed.
Learn more about this project at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Erickson
Cooper Mountain Reservoir #2 and Associated Improvements Project
- Pouring of the floor slab for the 5.5-million-gallon prestressed concrete reservoir is complete. The first two wall sections (of 12) for the reservoir are complete. The remaining 10 wall sections will be poured over the course of the next three months.
- Pouring of the cast-in-place concrete vault is complete. Installation of interior piping, valves, and other features is currently underway.
- Well drilling and development of the Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) Well No. 7 well is complete. Construction of the ASR Mechanical Building and Booster Pump Station Building is currently underway.
- Construction of the off-site 24-inch drinking water transmission main on Southwest Kemmer Road and a majority of the on-site piping is complete. Final paving on Southwest Kemmer Road is scheduled for this summer.
Learn more about this project at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/water
To learn more about the various projects, visit the city’s Capital Improvement Program dynamic document at gis.BeavertonOregon.gov/capitalprojects
Did you know?
Miles of roadway maintained by the city
Curb ramps upgraded in 2021 to be Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant (1.3 miles of new sidewalk!)
Miles of water infrastructure maintained by the city
Federal WIFIA Loan received to finance a series of projects that will enhance the reliability and resiliency of Beaverton’s water system, expand the system to meet the needs of our growing city, and create more than 500 jobs