Here is your update on what has happened with the City of Beaverton this week, and a preview of what to look for in the next week to come.
It’s Budget Season! Mayor Beaty and the Council have Budget Committee meetings over the last two weeks of May. To find out more about the Budget Committee review process, visit https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/281/Budget-Committee.
Regular City Council meetings will resume June 1 at 6:00 p.m.
The two finalists for the City Manager position had a series of interview activities which included a public meet and greet via Zoom on May 13. Catch the video at https://youtu.be/9a_Cus43E6Q.
- WED MAY 26: Housing Options Project open house (Via Zoom) https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/1749/City-Manager
- SATURDAYS IN MAY: Free Wellness Event Series https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/1980/Wellness-Events-Series
Opportunities to Apply
- Mayor’s Youth Advisory Board – Applications open through May 21 https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/289/Mayors-Youth-Advisory-Board
- Climate Action Task Force – Applications open through May 23 https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/2478/Climate-Action-Task-Force
- Beaverton Night Market – Call for Vendors | apply through June 1 https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/1570/Beaverton-Night-Market
- Beaverton Arts Mix – Call to Artists | apply through June 30 https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/1269/Beaverton-Arts-Mix-Art-Show-Sale
Current Job Openings
- Affordable Housing Program Coordinator
- Entry Level Police Officer
- HR Coordinator
- Lateral Police Officer
- Seasonal Laborer – Public Works
Find out about all of this and more at https://www.BeavertonOregon.gov/