The city is doing everything it can to offer opportunities for our community members to connect, engage, and enjoy low-risk outdoor in-person events this year!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, event size limitations, and virtual event fatigue, many large events such as Flicks by the Fountain, Picnics in the Park, and the Beaverton Celebration Parade are canceled this year. Instead, you can look forward to participating in a series of smaller outdoor in-person events that meet COVID-19 safety guidelines.
The city also recognizes that some may prefer to continue to experience events virtually. For this reason, some virtual events and virtual components to many of the in-person events will continue to be offered. These may include, live-streaming, online activities, videos, virtual panel discussions, webinars, and more.
Some events you can look forward to include:
- An Independence Day celebration with small, family friendly activities that follow COVID-19 safety measures will be held in collaboration with Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District.
- The Beaverton Night Market is returning for one weekend in August as an in-person event following COVID-19 safety measures.
- Beaverton Welcoming Week will be held from Friday, Sep. 10 through Sunday, Sep. 19 and will be a hybrid week of in-person and virtual events.
- The city is optimistic that it will be celebrating the annual Tree Lighting event in December, though it will likely look different from years past as it evolves for safety.
- There will also be a variety of smaller in-person events offered throughout the year in various locations around the city. Tentative plans include a wellness series, art in the park series, family friendly Halloween trail walk, a celebration of Beaverton history, and a community scavenger hunt.
Visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/events for updates, details, and more information about upcoming event offerings!