Do you need holiday gift ideas for the kids and teens in your life? Check out the library’s Holiday Booklist Gift Guide for new books featuring diverse characters from various backgrounds and walks of life. All titles are recommended by the library’s Youth Services staff.
A few of our favorites include:
- ¡Vamos! Let’s Go Eat by Raúl the Third: Little Lobo explores different food trucks on the search for his favorite foods. Suggested for preschool – grade 2.
- Ways to Make Sunshine by Renée Watson: Journey with Ryan and her loving family through life’s challenges and joys. Set in Portland. Suggested for grades 3-5.
- Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park: Being half Chinese in the Dakota Territory during the 1880s has its difficulties for 14-year-old Hanna. Suggested for grades 5-7.
- Dragon Hoops by Gene Luen Yang: This graphic novel/memoir about a high school basketball team will be a hit among graphic novel enthusiasts and sports fans alike. Suggested for grades 8-12.
- Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi: This powerful novel in verse follows Amal, a teen who is wrongly incarcerated. Suggested for grades 9-12.
You’ll find something for all the youth on your list in the full list! See it at www.BeavertonLibrary.org/Recommendations.