The Cooper Mountain area includes over 1,200 acres along Beaverton’s southwestern city limits. The area was recently added to the region’s urban growth boundary. The City of Beaverton is leading a planning effort to determine how to provide new homes, roads, parks and welcoming neighborhoods to Cooper Mountain – and we are asking for your feedback!
Visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/CM to participate in an online open house so you can share your ideas on how to shape future growth in Cooper Mountain and provide feedback on the draft project goals. The online open house will be available through Wednesday, Jul. 22.
About the Community Plan
The Cooper Mountain Community Plan will establish a long-term vision for the area’s growth and development to support welcoming, walkable neighborhoods that honor the area’s unique landscape. Cooper Mountain is expected to provide at least 3,760 homes, including a mix of housing types.
The community plan will take roughly three years to complete. The city is committed to engaging the community throughout the planning process. Public engagement activities will be accessible to a broad audience to ensure the plan incorporates a variety of ideas and feedback.
Working Project Goals
- Create equitable outcomes for residents, including historically underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Provide new housing in a variety of housing types and for all income levels.
- Preserve, incorporate, connect and enhance natural resources.
- Improve community resilience to climate change and natural hazards.
- Provide public facilities and infrastructure needed for safe, healthy communities.
- Provide safe, convenient access to important destinations while supporting transportation options, including walking and biking.
- Provide opportunities for viable commercial uses, including places to work and places to buy goods and services.
- Identify feasible, responsible funding strategies to turn the vision into a reality.
Visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/CM to review project documents and sign up for updates and information on upcoming events.